Toddlers are between 15 and 24 months of age as of September 1. We are licensed for nine children, for an adult to child ratio of 1:4 or 2:9. Toddler Program Goals:
- To provide a balance of physical affection and autonomy, in which children are encouraged to explore and discover.
- To foster self-help skills such as feeding, dressing, and caring for oneself which lead to a feeling of self-accomplishment.
- To stimulate and develop each child’s senses and creative expression through different art mediums such as: sand, water, paint, shaving cream, playdoh, etc.
- To provide opportunities for learning through social interactions with one another.
- To develop cognitive and language development skills through books, pictures, music, and drama.
- To help build gross motor control through climbing, dancing, exercise, and other fun games.
- To build upon children’s natural curiosity of the world around them through music, social studies, science experiments, cooking, and mathematics.
- To build a home-school partnership that provides consistency for each child and builds upon his/her strengths, as well as creates goals for areas needing improvement.