Stompers are between two and three years of age by September 1. We are licensed for nine children, for an adult to child ratio of 1:4 or 2:9. Stomper Program Goals:
- To meet each child’s emotional and physical needs while encouraging autonomy and the ability to make appropriate choices.
- To help children express their own feelings by modeling both verbal and non-verbal language for them.
- To encourage exploration and self-discovery by offering child-centered, hands-on activities during the day.
- To help children learn how to resolve conflicts and negotiate relationships with those around them.
- To encourage children to challenge themselves with projects, rather than by doing things for them.
- To provide ample opportunity for the use of gross motor skills and coordination through physically active play either indoors or outdoors.
- To provide each child with support, stimulation, and a variety of experiences to help him/her grow cognitively, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- To form relationships of mutual trust and respect with parents; working collaboratively to meet the needs of the children in the classroom.